Single-screw extruders were introduced to the plastics and rubber industries in the 1870s. Originally screw extruders were simply used as pumps. However, in the second decade of the 20th century, there were efforts to use single screws extruders as continuous mixing machines. this trend became clear......
- First Step：Feeding the resins or pellets
- Second Step：Melting of the resins
- Third Step：Actual extrusion process
- Forth Step：Cooling it down
- The Last Step：Final finishing procedures
- Compared to twin screw extruders, they are far much superior at extruding materials that are common.
- They are also far much cheaper than other screw extruders......
Single screw extruders are probably the most common type of extruder used in the manufacture of profile lengths or of compounding polymers where fillers or additives are introduced. Usually, we are common to see that it is application in pipe making industry......