Home > Knowledge > Extrusion Machinery > Single Screw Extruders > Advantages and Disadvantages of Single Screw Extruders
Advantages and Disadvantages of Single Screw Extruders：
- Compared to twin screw extruders, they are far much superior at extruding materials that are common.
- They are also far much cheaper than other screw extruders.
- They have less shear when compared to twin screw extruders.
- They can be used in operations for a very wide range of different types of materials.
- They have a very high throughput
- Since the transmission of the plastic materials is through friction, there is a limitation when it comes to the feeding performance.
- Some materials like the paste or powder possess difficulties in mixing. This makes using the machine in some processes unsuitable.